Friday, April 20, 2012

Craft Time



Since I have been working part time at a craft store the past eight months, I have this strange and constant urge to do arts and crafts. This is a picture of a few that I have indulged in recently. This is a painting I did, a scrapbook I'm starting, a wreathe I made that now hangs on my front door, and a picture of a wolf cross-stitch I'm working on at the moment (thanks Katie and Isaac for the awesome birthday gift).

Yes, I taught myself how to cross-stitch, and I'll admit I love doing this "old lady" craft. I finished one for my mom, that unfortunately I don't have a picture of, and now I'm hooked. It really amazes me (and Kevin) how this tedious task can keep me happy and occupied for hours.

Also, when I have time, I have an adventure with a new recipe in the kitchen. I have also cleaned out and planted a few silly annuals in my hopelessly shady flower bed out front. In summary, I love hobbies, I think they keep me healthy and happy, and if you have any fun ones I'd love to hear about them.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful crafts! Nice work. You should get Mom to take a picture of the cross-stitch you made and post it. I've heard it's wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad just sent you a text with a picture of the beautiful lighthouse cross-stitch you made for me. I hope you will post it and show off more of you handiwork. I love it. It is hanging up but not where I want just yet. We need to move some furniture around to give it just the right showy spot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't post anything that gets sent to my phone. My phone isn't fancy.

      Delete